Reports To: Director and Board of Supervisors
Status: Full-time Limited Hours, Permanent, and Non-exempt.
Probation: 1 year
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Scheduled 40 hours per week
Lunch: ½ hour unpaid
Warren Co SWCD seeks a midlevel stormwater professional to implement the County Stormwater Regulations, County Earth Disturbing Permit and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer (MS4) program through administration, plan review, fee collection, permitting, field inspections, reporting, and enforcement. The Urban Program Specialist will provide technical assistance to landowners, consultants, engineers, units of government and other clients of the District pertaining to stormwater, drainage, erosion, conservation, and other natural resource subjects. The ideal candidate will develop, organize, and implement various public outreach and educational offerings and events pertaining to stormwater, natural resources, and conservation topics.
1. Completion of Associate or B.S. Degree in civil or environmental engineering, hydrology, stormwater, environmental science, or related course of study or 5+ years of training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below. Stormwater, construction and/or sediment and erosion control specific experience is favorable.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
3. Excellent public relations and project management skills.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
5. Familiarity with popular computer software (including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willing to learn new applications.
6. A valid Ohio driver’s license.
7. Takes initiative, is dependable, and has strong motivation.
8. Goal oriented.
9. Enthusiasm for District programs.
1. As part of the Warren Co SWCD Urban Team and per the OEPA Construction General Permit, implement the MS4 program by upholding the Warren County Stormwater Regulations, administering the Warren County Earth Disturbing Permit, performing stormwater pollution prevention plan review, obtaining operation and maintenance documents, performing field inspections and enforcement, and maintaining timely communications with engineers, consultants, developers, and contractors.
2. Assist with the program development of the Warren County MS4 program.
3. Assist landowners with natural resource management concerns, which may include stream bank stabilization, drainage, erosion, pond management, agricultural best management practices and other natural resource issues.
4. Assist with the District’s MD4 MCM 5: Post-Construction Runoff program. Assist with field inspections of post-construction stormwater control practices to determine compliance status. Work with responsible parties to achieve proper long-term maintenance and function.
5. Assist with the District’s Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination program. Assist with field inspections looking for dry weather flows and potential pollution sources exiting the County and municipality owned storm sewer systems.
6. Assist with the District’s MS4 MCM 6: Good Housekeeping program. Manage and assist with updating facility stormwater pollution prevention control plans. Perform yearly facility inspections to ensure compliance. Create, plan and implement yearly education programming for MS4 owned facilities.
7. Assist with the District’s internship program. Assist with hiring, training, and directing work priorities for summer natural resource interns.
8. Work with Warren Co Urban Team to provide stormwater education and outreach to partners and their constituents.
9. Participate in local, regional, and statewide organizations, committees, and partner agencies that correspond with job duties and expertise.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work outside in inclement weather conditions, over uneven terrain with exposure to various and hazardous insects, plants, and animals.
2. Attend meetings, seminars, and trainings inside and outside of normally scheduled work hours.
3. Attend the monthly District Board meeting as instructed by the Board of Supervisors.
4. Continue education and training in field of employment.
5. Perform other duties as required by the Director.