The Licking County Soil & Water Conservation District is seeking a full time District Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance and education for the urbanized areas of Licking County, with a focus on assisting local MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System) operators with mandated responsibilities for the Ohio EPA NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) Program. Our work environment is high energy, high activity and mutual support. We provide opportunities for learning and professional development and a gratifying work experience.
• Manage Minimum Control Measure (MCM) 4 - Construction Site Runoff Control which includes plan reviews in accordance with Licking County Planning Commission Technical Review Committee process and site inspections of Best Management Practices (BMPS) related to erosion and sediment control in urban settings.
• Earning and maintaining a minimum of Qualified Stormwater Manager certification
• Assisting co-workers with NPDES MS4 Compliance for all MCMs, providing input to improve and update reference documents and processes
• Working with landowners/residents with technical assistance calls
• Assists in conducting tours, field days and educational presentations to elected officials, contractors and general public at workshops
• Participate in committees and workgroups
• Graduate of an accredited college with an Associates Degree or higher (preferably in civil engineering, natural resources management, environmental science or related field); or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Familiarity with Ohio EPA NPDES program, urban development BMPs and regulations related to erosion and sediment control
• Willingness to perform a combination of technical, office and outdoor field work
• Ability to traverse terrain in an outdoor environment, ability to carry and transport resource materials and equipment
• Working knowledge of ArcView and or/ArcGIS is preferred, familiarity with Google and Microsoft Office suite a plus
• Proof of valid Ohio driver’s license and remain insurable
• Ability to pass a Licking County pre-employment drug screening and BCI background security check
• Enrollment in the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Comp options
• Insurance plan including health, dental, vision, life, employee and HRA spending accounts
• Paid vacation, 11 paid holidays and sick leave
Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with ½ hour unpaid lunch, Mon- Fri. May be required to work evenings or weekends for events or professional development. Compensation based on experience and qualifications.