Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in by protecting the lands and waters on which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining The Nature Conservancy in Ohio! The Executive Assistant and Trustee Liaison will provide direct administrative support to the State Director of the Ohio Chapter and may support other directors within the business unit. They will be responsible for a variety of administrative support tasks, which include domestic and international travel arrangements, calendar management, answering phones, drafting correspondence, processing expenses, and scheduling and coordinating logistics of meetings and special events. They will communicate on behalf of the State Director with staff in various programs across the Conservancy; as well as with donors, vendors, and business relations. They will effectively communicate or distribute information to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow. A significant component of duties will be to act as the trustee manager, regularly scheduling, planning, and seeing to the logistics of successful board meetings and committee meetings of the board. They will manage board governance documents to ensure consistency and play a major role in onboarding new board members.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
• Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
• Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
• Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
• Experience working with a board of directors, donors, volunteers, the public, and/or all levels of staff.
• Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.